New User Register
Please enter your details to create a new user. You will be able to login with either your username or email address
Fill the form to sign up
SYNERGY Health Privacy Statement
- Synergy Health Limited is committed to protecting your privacy and complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (Act) and the New Zealand Health Information Privacy Code 1994 when dealing with personal information. Synergy Health Limited is also referred to as “Synergy Health”, “we” and “us” in this statement and when referred to, such reference includes any person or organisation to which it has licensed or assigned its rights and obligations.
- This Privacy Statement applies to the use of the Synergy Health website at www.synergyhealth.co.nz (Synergy Health Website) and the use of any goods or services provided by Synergy Health and sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
- Synergy Health provides innovative wellness services that will sometimes let you upload, store, and otherwise deal with health information online. Synergy Health also provides information on wellbeing generally and incorporates contributions from third parties.
- This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on Act, see www.privacy.org.nz. The New Zealand Health Information Privacy Code 1994 as amended modifies the privacy rules contained in the Act as they relate to health information.
- By using the Synergy Health Website or by using our services you agree to be bound by this Privacy Statement.
Collection of your personal information
- We collect personal information about you from:
- the first time you sign in to the Synergy Health Website where you may asked to provide personal information such as name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal code and country/region;
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through questionnaires, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products; and
- third parties where you have authorised this, or if the information is publicly available.
- If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
Storage of information
- Any personal information will be stored on servers in a secure environment by a commercially reputable hosting vendor using best practices and security techniques.
- When any personal information is uploaded to the Synergy Health Website, it sends it over the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer. We encrypt your information to help prevent others from reading it while it's in transit from your computer to Synergy Health.
- If you're using the Synergy Health Website to upload sensitive data, you should properly secure your computer. To help do this, you can use anti-spyware and virus protection software. You can also restrict access to your computer (for example, by using a strong password for your computer login and a network firewall).
- Synergy Health has incorporated all reasonable measures to protect your personal information, however, we are reliant upon you to do the same.
- Synergy Health cannot be held liable in any way for events beyond our control or in any way for accidental or unauthorised access of your information. Accidental access could be obtained by leaving yourself logged on and leaving your computer unattended, ‘over-the-shoulder’ access or from unsecure print-outs of your personal information.
How we may use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide services and products to you;
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose);
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you;
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; and
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
How we use aggregate information and statistics
- Synergy Health may use aggregated information from the Synergy Health Website to improve the quality of our service and for marketing of Synergy Health. This aggregated information is not associated with any individual person. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorised by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Synergy Health Website so that we can analyse and improve them.
Disclosing your personal information
- Synergy Health may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as web site hosting; packaging, mailing; answering customer questions about products and services; and sending information about our products, special offers, and other new services. If we provide personal information to such companies, we only provide the personal information they need to deliver our Synergy Health wellness programs. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- Synergy Health may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in good faith believe that such action is necessary to: comply with the law, comply with legal proceedings served on Synergy Health; protect and defend the rights or property of Synergy Health and the Synergy Health Website; or, act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Synergy Health products or members of the public.
- A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
- To keep you informed of the latest improvements, Synergy Health may send you a newsletter, which you have signed up to on the Synergy Health Website. If you do not want to receive the newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time.
Changes to this privacy statement
- We may occasionally update this privacy statement. We encourage you to review this privacy statement periodically to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the Synergy Health Website constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Accessing and correcting personal information
- Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
- In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
- If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at the address provided below.
- We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
Enforcement of this privacy statement
Privacy Officer185B Peterborough Street
PO BOX 2868, Christchurch 8013